The company's long-term objective was to become the
"health plan of choice" for its targeted population. Developing
and sustaining a culture that was consumer-focused and that supported collaboration,
accountability and ownership, was seen as critical to the company's success
in achieving its goal. The company established a Program Management Office
(PMO) to launch and manage a large-scale change initiative to implement this
E&W was engaged as a member of the PMO's Change Leadership team, whose
charter was to increase competitive advantage by realizing the full potential
of people engaged in the design and implementation of the strategy.
- Provided strategic guidance to the executive team
and Program Management Office on needs, opportunities and strategies for
change to optimize the initiatives' performance.
- Designed and facilitated a stakeholder engagement
strategy to ensure successful change implementation.
- Developed and implemented a strategy to incorporate
the company's desired cultural values of consumer-focus, collaboration,
accountability and ownership within the initiative teams to serve as a role
model for the larger organization in implementation.
- Provided leadership coaching and team effectiveness
consulting to initiative teams to define their charter, enhance team effectiveness,
apply project management tools, and seed the teams with change management
- Created a measurement approach to track the initiative's
- Designed and implemented change management processes,
tools and decision-making procedures.
- Managed the interface between the initiative teams
and the rest of the organization to prepare for implementation.
- Initiative teams successfully developed 30 business
cases for consumer-focused innovations.
- Executive team selected top 10 initiatives for implementation
within the company's operational business units.
- A culture emphasizing consumer-focus, collaboration
and accountability was infused into the larger organization as the change
initiative was rolled out.